Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"People travel to far away places to watch, in Fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home"


 There are a lot of things I want to say about Italy but right now I'm particularly excited about grapes. This weekend I went to Follonica (right on the coast!) to pick grapes on a vineyard called Podre san Cristoforo. We all fell in love with Lorenzo, the owner of the winery, after he constantly showed us a great time. He kept us up all night stuffing us with food, wine, and two deserts in the company of his many friends. Finnaly, by 1:00AM he took us for a hike to a beautiful castle overlooking the sea! If only I could explain in words how wonderful this experience was.

But we also had to work very hard from 5:00AM-5:00PM picking grapes. I think that day was the stickiest I've ever been in my life. We picked in pairs, I picked with a guy named Dennis and we worked next to a couple from Genova, Stefano and Debora. Stefano has done a lot of travelling. Years ago he travelled the whole US and Mexico by motorcycle and his wife Debora travels often to play piano in various countries! They were very inspiring.


Lorenzo testing the sugar of the grape juice.



Lorenzo, Debora, Stefano.


Sunrise on the vineyard.



1 comment:

  1. Emily I am so proud of you. What a great idea, I love your blog name too. Keep doing all you can. Living, loving, learning and laughing everyday. If while you are there you meet a man for me just let me know. I love you.
    Martyha

    ReplyDelete