Monday, April 12, 2010

Awesome artist alert...



The Denver art museums Embrace exhibit is over now (I think?) but it was a show worth going to over and over, staying all day staring at, and sneaking into the museum bathroom to sleep there so you can sleep near the artworks.... But I really can't stop thinking about this Shinique smith piece so i thought I must share it...

I'm not entirely sure what the artist was going for but I can't get my own twisted ideas out of my head. I've got this crime scene idea that it looks like a blue mangled body hung by a noose with blood splattered all over the wall... there's even a bird which could symbolize freedom from the material world!

But anyhow, she's an artist worth checking out especially if your into graffiti, I think she has a real street art quality to her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment