Sunday, May 22, 2011

100 pots in 100 days!








Project idea of the day, 100 pots in 100 days.

I would like to make one unique ceramic (and mixed media likely) sculpture a day for 100 days in a row that I will then take and leave in different spots around Denver. I think that this project will add an interesting element to the city of Denver and can be interactive and fun for the community. Though each pots design will be spontaneous, I can say that some will be purely aesthetic, some interactive, and others may even result in performance.

I think this could be a super fun and exciting way to add some "street art" to the very bare streets of Denver, but do it in a new and different way. I'm thinking some sculptures could offer things to people, such as food for the homeless, or a dispenser of happy thoughts. Other sculptures will just be beautiful additions to the city sidewalks or walls that will make people stop and think. And at least one but perhaps more will be performances that will be recorded and placed onto this very blog!

I'm trying to get funding for this project via kickstarter for material costs and bus/gas to get around. But I think it could be a great success and great fun for me and the city-folk of Denver!




No comments:

Post a Comment