Saturday, October 24, 2009

Amsterdam



Next stop, of course, was Amsterdam. I mean if your already in Belgium, you have to make the short train ride to Holland, especially if its to see the famous Amsterdam. I believe this was the third day of my travels and still no word from my traveling buddy. I decided to take the train to Amsterdam with a couple of other travelers that I met in Brussels Logan, and Kristin (both from Florida but living in Paris). We arrived in Amsterdam in the afternoon and as soon as we check into our hostel, we began exploring. Our first destination was a rasta colored cafe where I had a cup of tea and, well, a good time... We continued to go to a couple more cafe's and then we discovered the red light district. though not entirely up my alley, the red light district is something that everyone had to see once in their life (though I did see a smaller version in Brussels). 
Amsterdam almost reminded me of Venice because throughout the city there are small canals that you can travel on by boat. Amsterdam got quite cold at night though. I ended up gong back to the hostel bar and having a couple drinks, exploring a bit more that night and then waking up early to catch my flight. After a long train ride without my ipod (it got pickpocketed in the station) I made it to Brussels airport. Unfortunately instead of 6:00 pm my flight was at 6:00am and I completely missed it (even though I was concerned I was too early and would have to stay in the airport all day). I ended up having to pay 100 Euro to change my flight and had to wait in the airport for about 10 hours, oh the joys of traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment