Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Eventually we went back to Florinas fathers place to pick up the car that his dad was lending to him (to drive me back to the airport). But when we got there the car wouldnt start! Florian went to the neighbors for help and they arrived (wearing wonderful green overalls) and attempted to help us. *side note (while I was watching them I saw up the mountain a bit an older man with no pants on peeing in a bush/hedge which of course made me secretly laugh...). They triend for a while to jump the car thinking the problem was the battery but to no avail. Florian and I then decied to take bikes back to his mothers while we waited for the repair man (the tripple A of Germany) to call.

Eventually the car got fixed (which tuns out it was very easy to fix!) and our next mission was to find something to do for the night. Florians friends were all going to an on ice discotec party, so we decided to do that as well. It was really neat, and I can't even remeber the last time I had been ice skating before that! At the party I tried Glow-wine(becasue it makes you glow) which is a mix of rum, wine, and spices and it is served warm. I also had some german beer made with fruit (but it was a bit too sweet for my taste). We skated around listened to music and had a great time! The party ended around 1am and we went back to Florian's house with his room mate Denny and his girlfriend and we drank a bit of beer and eventually went to sleep. It was very interesting talking with Florian's friends and I am really glad I had the chance to meet the locals!

Florian and I only got about two hours of sleep before we had to hit the road back to the airport. We got there after another 4 hour car ride and we were a bit early so we got some coffee together. After saying our goodbyes I boarded the plane back to Pisa which surprisingly I did not sleep for. I also didn't sleep for the whole train ride from Pisa to Florence, so of course when I got back to my apartment at 3pm I took a 14 hour nap (if you can call that a nap...).Though my trip was short i had a grand time, and I think Florian and his room mate Denny are going to come visit me in Florence before I go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment